Friday 13 January 2012

A new reply from Mark!

Dear Dom

Thank you for your emails.

Thursday morning's delay was due to a freight train that had broken down, blocking the line. This was really frustrating. Thursday evening's delay was caused by an overhead line power failure, which resulted in a number of routes in and out of London becoming congested. Unfortunately, our 18:51 was one of the 303 services affected by this one disruption.

We have had a number of issues recently caused by freight trains failing or running late causing delays to FGW services and infrastructure issues are still occurring too frequently. I am ensuring that both Network Rail and freight companies take these issues seriously, but as our customer, I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

My replies might not be lengthy ( I am conscious not to make any further demands on your time) but I do fully understand your annoyance.

Kind regards

Mark Hopwood
Managing Director

No comments:

Post a Comment